Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shopping

Most weeks we go to the main nepali shopping centre to do our shopping. Yesterday I had a bit more time than usual and I took the camera so tried to look at it in a different way. I really like some of my photos so thought I would share some of them with you.
Yesterday, the temperature plummeted to 21 deg and we were all so cold that there were lots of Nepalis shopping for blankets, jerseys, shawls etc.


 Potatoes

 Meat for dinner
 Ginger


 Garlic
 Fish


 Powder for tika's - the dot worn on foreheads. A big festical is coming up this week so there are lots of different colours available at the moment.
 chillis








 Samosa's - really tasty
 Apples in a doko (straw basket)
A new supermarket has opened - such a constrast to the markets on the street outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment