Sunday, May 29, 2011

Youth picnic

Today I (Jo) went to the churches youth group picnic. I arrived late as I was sari shopping for the wedding and just after I arrived it rained.

The picnic was in a forest area near a river. It is in the middle of town but when you are there it could be in the middle of nowhere. There were designated areas for three groups with a shelter, toilet and tap.

Here is a photo that I think is so typical of how clever the Nepalis are.We are having a church service while it is raining and in the same place large amounts of food are being cooked over a fire!
There was also a really cool tree there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark & Jo

    Nice to see the Post & Picture about our Youth group Picnic. M in Surkhet n missing my frens & all the activities there. Keep on posting about Youth activities. I feel good to see & remember my past days there :).

    Bye

    ReplyDelete