Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jo's random comments about village stay

*             I think Mark did a great job on writing up the village stay but I thought I would add a few random observations I thought were interesting.
The measure of sight in the village:
          You can see the small stones in the rice
          You can thread a needle
          You can spot headlice and catch it!!!!

*             The Nepalis always asked us our age and then were most surprised when they realised that Mark was younger than I was. That isn't done here so I asked a group of five ladies how much older their husbands were to them - 12, 10 and 8 years!!! In that case we are the same age!!!

*             Mark always calls me his sacraficial annode as when I am around he doesn't get bitten by mosquitos. Well, the village was glad to have us - they never got bitten and we were eaten alive - in fact we would be sitting in a circle and they would be all around us and there would be none around them. The Nepalis thought it was a great joke that white skinned people's blood was more tasty!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is good to see a brother and sister in the field. I intend to be in the area for the month of September and would love to study Oswald. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not sure what Oswald is but September is a nice time of the year to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved finding your blog. I have not been to Nepal previously, but have spent many summers serving the people in the country to the north. This summer, after being in the country to the north, I have been led to Nepal. I have the same passion as your family. Oswald Chambers' wife captured a great book of materials on the Father; My Utmost for His Highest. I look forward to my time in the Swoyambhu Temple area, serving the people of Nepal by assisting in the area of conversational english. Love to you and to your family.

    ReplyDelete